Sunday, December 3, 2017

On Ringo Lake Clue #2 - Mystery Link up - Flying Geese

Clue #2 was posted on Bonnie's website, and this time we are making alot of flying geese with our corals and neutrals....and I mean A LOT...

Trying to make them with the Essential Triangle Tool but some of them were not the correct size so I wound up making it with a rectangle and 2 squares and it came out perfect.

Still have alot to make...these are just a few...

Take a look at the blocks that have already been made for clue #2 by members

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

My First Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter

I have been following Bonnie Hunter's Blog for a few years now and she has always posted a mystery quilt to start on "Black Friday",  the day after Thanksgiving.  This year's quilt is
On Ringo Lake

The introduction and name of the quilt are given...On Ringo Lake.....
This is when she gives you the colors and yardage of the quilt 
  I have chosen to do the colors she recommends.  I am making this for my extra bedroom as these are the colors I use in our Florida home.

She tells you to get the paint chips and from there you go on your fabric hunt to find the yardage and colors you are going to use.  These are the paint chips.

And these are the fabrics I have chosen.  I may be adding more neutrals to give it a more scrappy look.

This was the first clue which I have completed and am now waiting for the next clue which is released on Friday.

It is really alot of fun and there are so many people who are participating....take a look at the blocks that have already been made for clue #1 by members

One Year Old

Lily turned one year old on August 19.  She is now a little under 4 lbs.  She will not get any bigger.  She is such a sweet little dog.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Friday, September 30, 2016

Block #9 - Mystery Quilt

this block turned out pretty good....I like the design and my fmq is improving....
there are only 3 more block to go and the quilt will be completed.
I am thinking of adding more block to the quilt so I can put it on a
single bed....I will wait and see how it far I am pleased with it.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Quilt for Scout

Stormy, our granddaughter, is having a baby girl (John's 2nd great grandchild) in November.  They are naming her Scout and I wanted to make a quilt for her.  I purchased the Paradiso Quilt Kt and made this quilt which measures 41" x 45.5".  I did a stippling all over the quilt.   It really turned our cute.  It is not a baby quilt that she will grow out of but something that she can use it as she gets bigger.

front of the quilt

back of the quilt

quilt label

Block #8 - Mystery Quilt

I finished Block #8 of the Mystery Quilt.  I am getting better at FMQ each time I sew a new block.  I am learning alot.  The colors are more vibrant than the picture.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Block #7 - Mystery Quilt

Block 7 completed.  I was really happy the way this block sewed out.  My HST are improving, taking more time marking and sewing them.  The quilting on this block was not too bad but I did have a lot of thread cuts.  I would block myself into a corner.  The shells were a problem as I traced them and had to do a lot of travel stitching to complete them.  Next time I will just wing the shells, no marking.  I am happy with the way the block turned out.  The colors are more vibrant than shown.