Monday, January 3, 2011

Red, White and Blue Scraps

I have quite a few scraps left over from a patriotic quilt
I made some years back, actually, it was my first foundation
piece quilt...I really enjoyed sewing that together...
but now I have so many scraps that I decided to make a
string quilt...I have seen so many of the quilters that have
made a string quilt and now I am going to sew one..what
a great idea on how to use up all of your scraps....
I have been putting the blocks together..
I am sewing 6.5 inch blocks which will be 6 inches when sewn...
I have to make a small block since my scraps are not that
long...they were precut for the quilt I made...
I hope that I have enough to make a lap quilt...
I may have to add sashing and a few borders...
I also have a star that is made from 4 of the blocks
from the original quilt and I thought I could use
that as well....
I will have to see how this turns out....
wish me luck...LOL...

1 comment:

It was so nice of you to leave a comment....I love hearing from you..